3A Chemical Engineering
- Experienced with Linux environments and client-server architectures.
- Laboratory experience in microfabrication and chemical vapour deposition.
- Laboratory experience in material characterization using Scanning Electron Microscopy, FTIR Spectroscopy, Raman Spectroscopy techniques.
Environment and Climate Change CanadaJanuary - April 2017
Data Analysis Assistant
- Consulted for guidance on development on other tools by staff within the team.
- Developed various live web plotting tools to display climate data to researchers while in the field using NodeJS and Jade.
- Worked with project managers to develop SOPs for acquiring, storing, and retrieving climate data from instruments and in-house servers.
- Developed a tool to export climate data into the Open Data format - a universal format to share information across countries.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre January - April 2016
- Defined the server architecture for GitLab and Sahi servers.
- Coordinated Sunnybrook's migration from MantisBT to JIRA. Designed and implemented the server architecture.
- Automated over 500 test cases from the regression and performance packages using Sahi. The packages were previously performed manually and required 2 weeks to complete testing. The automated packages allowed the Quality Assurance team to focus on testing new features over existing features.
- Designed a reporting utility incorporating data from FusionReactor, Sahi and HPE LoadRunner. The utility enabled developers to easily identify performance degradation and problems.
The Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute September 2014 - April 2015
Bioinformatics Portal Development
- Developed custom modules for the Galaxy Framework on the Compute Canada servers using Chameleon Python as the template engine.
- Wrote a Perl module "GenomeID", implementing the only text-based specification to distinguish between genomic datasets on the WestGrid Research cluster. This module reduced the number of duplicate samples in datasets and study populations.
- Collaborated with the Minion Oxford Nanopore Project; a USB-sized DNA sequencer and developed a model to translate the electrical signal to genetic information.
- Worked with large genomic datasets well over 10 TB.
University Health Network January - April 2014, May - August 2013
Bioinformatics Research Assistant
- Created a Java search engine that indexes PubMed articles by genes. Applied Google's Page Rank algorithm to rank articles and computed ranking through the Oracle Grid Engine. The tool aided researchers in finding articles relating to a list of genes.
- Optimized Python pipelines to minimize resource consumption by introducing adaptive algorithms such as alpha/beta pruning and Jacobian root finding techniques.
- "Lived in the shell" to complete daily tasks in Linux environments.
- Managed large datasets over 100 GB in Infobright, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Developed website applications in JSP to present experimental data through plots and tables.
Encoding Server |
- Developed a video encoding server that can encode videos using the latest compression specification, H.265.
- Increased usability by incorporating an AngularJS interface and a NodeJS application server that served as a website interface for users to interact.
- As part of a multinational team, organized and managed tournaments between national teams on Chess.com.
- Led the website development team to develop scripts that would automate cheat detection.
- Developed an algorithm to perform team ranking based on the Elo rating system.
Candidate, Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering | 2019
University of Waterloo, Canada